So I started the blocks. I started cutting and creating. One thing I have learned is to not try to figure out block dimensions in your head when you are over tired. It doesn’t go well. I had to redraw, recalculate a couple of times until I came up with my final block. Once you see it you will laugh because it’s really simple now. What I wanted to do didn’t work out so I ended up with a happy accident.
So that was just a piece of the original design block. Now it will be a part of the finished pice but not the main block pattern.
See very simple, almost too simple. I think that the fabric is so busy that simple may be better. I’m excited to see it all come together!